My windows are open bringing in sweet air and bird song. The sky is the kind of blue that makes you smile no matter what kind of day you’ve had. The sun reaches down and warms what was once frozen. I’m in short sleeves! It feels like spring! A time for renewal and growth. Birth and blooming. Sowing and hatching. My favorite time of year! A day like today makes me ready to cook something fun and fresh like this Taco French Bread Pizza! It’s quick, easy, and delicious! So go ahead…..sit on the porch, dig in the garden, enjoy the day…. just a little longer. With this recipe, dinner’s a breeze!
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 cups Mexican or taco blend shredded cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, drain and add taco seasoning according to package directions. Simmer 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slice french bread in half length wise, place halves on a greased cookie sheet.
- Warm refried beans in the microwave for 1 minute, stir.
- Spread half of the beans on each piece of french bread.
- Top evenly with the cooked ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then tomatoes, black olives, and green onions.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Top slices with shredded lettuce to serve.