As you can tell I’m off-schedule. Side-tracked. Late. I do have a good excuse though! For the last few days I’ve been a Michigander, back in my home state with the best kind of company….my mom and sisters! I covet time with them and wish we could be together a lot more often! We had some laughs, shared meals and memories, and had a few difficult discussions. The freedom to be ourselves, share our fears and joys, and be surrounded by love are gifts of our relationship. I treasure each day, hour, minute I am with them and it literally feels like my heart is breaking as we say our goodbyes. The wonderful thing is; we may be separated by miles but in reality, we’re as close as a thought or prayer everyday. I am SO blessed!
Now, as I type this I am babysitting my grandson…..another HUGE BLESSING in my life. My accountant daughter is knee-deep in tax returns as the 15th approaches quickly so what better time for “MiMi” to come to help out! The sun is shining outside and it’s smelling pretty good inside. (If I do say so myself) Sweet and Sour BBQ Meatballs are bubbling away in the crockpot. I’m going to serve them with rice and some corn for an easy dinner. Thought I’d just go ahead and share the recipe with you on this M’m M’m Tuesday…..I hope you are sharing your days and meals with those you love!
- 1-2 lbs. frozen home style meat balls
- 1 sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 additional yellow, red, or orange pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can Dole pineapple chunks
- 1 18 oz. bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until peppers and onion are tender.