It’s been a long day and I’m ready to put on my “night clothes” (as my Aunt Betty calls them) and relax for a little while. One of my favorite things about being retired is being able to take it easy and wear comfy clothes a lot more often. It may sound funny, but when I search for new recipes I’m kind of in the same mindset. I want something that is easy to make and gives me that comfortable homey feeling. This dish is both! It was a big hit at our last family dinner.
- 1-16 oz can of crushed pineapple (I use Dole)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. white sugar
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 6 slices of white bread
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork until they are foamy.
- Add in the crushed pineapple and sugar, stirring until blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8 X 8 baking dish.
- Cut bread into cubes. (I use my kitchen scissors)
- Melt butter and pour over bread cubes making sure to coat all sides of the bread.
- Sprinkle bread cubes on top of the pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. The top should be golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
I think this Pineapple Stuffing pairs perfectly with ham so add green beans and/or a sweet potato and you have an easy, comfort food type of meal! So sit back, relax, and enjoy!