Easter is coming! Oh, how I love this time of year! Daffodils, baby animals, longer days, Peeps (the marshmallow kind), and a new dress! Growing up, for my sisters and I, Easter always meant a new dress, hat, gloves, purse, and shoes and still today I like to wear a new dress on Easter Sunday. Isn’t that what Spring and Easter remind us of? Not new clothes but becoming a new person. Jesus was nailed to the cross, died, and rose again for you and me so that we can shed our old sinful selves and become new in Him. No more winter chill but the warmth of the Son shining for us! Alleluia!
Because it IS the week of Easter I thought I would share a unique side dish recipe that will compliment any Easter dinner. It takes a new twist on a traditional dish:
- 2-3 bags of Frozen Onion Rings (not the chopped variety)
- 1 can French Style Green Beans, drained
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven as directed on the onion ring package.
- In a small bowl combine the green beans and soup. Mix well.
- Add french fried onions to the mixture - combine well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and stack 3 rings-large, med, smaller on top of each other.
- Fill the towers with the green bean mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a spatula.
This recipe intrigued me and it didn’t disappoint. It takes the 2-3 bags of onion rings to have enough size variation to make the towers. I was able to create 12 with two bags. The third would provide options tho. You can also add a little milk to the green bean mixture if it seems too thick.
I’m always on the look out for interesting recipes so feel free to share some of yours in the comments section. Happy Easter, Happy Cooking, and Happy Eating, Cindy